Monday, July 26, 2010

New Home, Strange Faces

We made it home today and Banjo doesn't quite know whart to think about his world. Dogs are like people, you have outgoing personalities known as extraverts and then you have the bashful and shy types known as intraverts. Banjo is very quiet and withdrawn, he hated the dog shelter and refused to join in the chorus of all the caged dogs, he is so sweet that he will coddle to the touch of your hand. His looks are so similar to my dog that I had 8 years ago, his name was Snowy. This dog will need some time to adjust to us, he is very skinny and I can count his ribs and feel all the bumps along his spine. He was abondoned by his previous owner and I am sure he feels the sadness of this rejection. Instantly this dog has already bonded with me as he could sense the love I have for him and he chooses to be near me wherever I go. Love heals peope and dogs too, broken hearts do mend both mine and his.

1 comment: